Sunday, July 12, 2009

1 Year

Well, I have officially lived in DC for 1 year today. Seems like I just moved in, I can't believe how much time has gone by. I guess it is because I have managed to stay extremely busy throughout all of my time here. I made it back to Michigan for two football games in the fall, then for Thanksgiving. For Christmas I went to Florida with the family and then Matt came to DC for several days for new years. I went back to Michigan in January, snowboarding in February, then to the Cherry Blossom Festival and Bermuda. The last few weeks have been filled with visits from family and visiting family in Michigan (more on that in a different post). Fill in many many weekends in there with trips to New Jersey and that pretty much sums it up. It is pretty rare that I am actually in town for two weekends in a row. O yeah, I also worked a few days in there too. I will hit my year mark at work on July 21st, which is an important milestone for me because I will be expected to perform my job at 100% of my expectancy with no 1st year cushion calculations built in anymore so we'll see how that goes. I might have to work some longer days that I have been to ensure I am above the threshold I need to be and in order to work toward my next promotion, but I am up to the challenge!

Looking forward to what the next year hold in store for me :)

2 comments:

Tedo said...

Congrats on the one year!

Good luck at work, no more sandbagging!!! :-)

Nancy said...

Congrats on your first year, and happy birthday today (14th).

Love, Mom :)