Well, sorry guys, all I can say is better late than never. Since I haven't posted pretty much all summer, I am going to recap all the things I've done since June in a few posts. The first one is about my brother's family coming to visit me in DC toward the end of June.
My brother Ted, his wife Sara, and my niece Leili came to visit me for 4 days from Austin, TX on their way to Michigan to visit the rest of the family. We did a lot while they were here. The first day we went to the Baltimore Aquarium because I had heard it is supposed to be awesome. It was pretty fun, we saw lots of fish, sharks, sting rays, penguins, jelly fish, and the dolphin show. Here are some pictures:


My brother Ted, his wife Sara, and my niece Leili came to visit me for 4 days from Austin, TX on their way to Michigan to visit the rest of the family. We did a lot while they were here. The first day we went to the Baltimore Aquarium because I had heard it is supposed to be awesome. It was pretty fun, we saw lots of fish, sharks, sting rays, penguins, jelly fish, and the dolphin show. Here are some pictures:
Leili in the prehistoric shark's jaws!
After the aquarium, we went to the pool, which ended up being an every day occurrence. I got Leili an inner tube floaty thing that ended up being a huge hit. Leili was all smiles the whole time in it and loved splashing all over the pool. Ted was a good sport and stayed in the pool, Sara and I got cold pretty quickly each time and wimped out.
The next day we went to story time at a book store on the main street in Alexandria. It was pretty fun, I had never been to a children's story time as an adult before. We read a couple books and sang a bunch of songs and I was really impressed with myself for remembering most of them even though I hadn't heard or sang them in forever. Then we explored King Street and the waterfront area:
The next day we went into the city and saw tons of monuments, including WWII, Lincoln, Washinton Monument, and we went to the International Spy Museum. It was pretty interesting but not very good for Leili, we kind of had to rush through it and poor Sara didn't really get to see anything (I don't think). Then we walked over to the Ellipse in front of the White House and let Leili run free, it was really fun to just enjoy a nice day in the city.
And heres a few pictures of Leili that are adorable and don't fit into one of the other categories:
2 comments:
Yep, that's pretty much how I remember it :-)
It was so much fun! You're a great hostess. I like how Ted's foot makes a cameo in the swimming picture.
Post a Comment