This was the first day of spring and I woke up to a snow covered outside. It was very disappointing because I had thought I'd seen the last of the snow for the season, but it did get warmer toward the end of the day.
First we saw this fountain wall thing that was kinda cool looking:
Behind the NY Public library, this is Bryant Park, where fashion week is held:
Jenna and I on the steps of the NY public library:
The three of us waiting in the subway, Molly is the queen of taking self portraits:
Molly and Jenna on the ferry going to Ellis Island
Lady Liberty in all her glory
This graph shows how many people immigrated to the US over the years since 1800, the big dip is the great depression:
This chart shows the number of slaves that were brought to the Americas way back. Only 5.6% were actually brought to the British colonies, which I was thought was surprising:
Looking through the fencing you can still see the foundation of the building below ground:
It was a really fun day, we got to see a lot of the city and shop on fifth avenue. It was nice to see my friends from home whom I haven't seen in a long time.
p.s. I would like to thank Sara for suggesting I compress the images, it made making this post a LOT easier and way less of a headache. Thanks!
p.s. I would like to thank Sara for suggesting I compress the images, it made making this post a LOT easier and way less of a headache. Thanks!
5 comments:
Wait, is that the Molly that was the awesome sweeper on your soccer team when you were like 6? I feel old.
Its funny you credit Sara for recommending that you compress images, because I was about to make a remark about how that's the only post I've seen on a blog where the actual pics weren't any bigger than the thumbnails. You see the pic, think "hmm, lets check that out", and basically get just what you were looking at anyway....
yeah, i thought of that too, the pics are pretty small, I guess I figured I should have compressed them less but after I had already written it I didn't want to go in and change everything again. I was mostly thanking for the idea of compressing them at all, I dunno why I never thought of that before, I'll compress them less next time. Bigger photos are available on facebook too...
and yes, that is the same Molly, all grown up. You probably met Jenna a few times over the years as well, though I'm not sure. I dunno why molly being old makes you feel old, she and I were 6 at the same time!
So cool that you got together with Molly and Jenna! And to see all those NYC landmarks...must have been a really fun day.
What can I say, I'm a computer whiz! Actually I shouldn't say that at all. You're day with the gals looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment