I went to Jersey last weekend to see the boy and we spent most of Saturday in the city because the weather is finally getting nice and because Matt wanted me to try "chicken and rice". There is this guy who runs a gyro stand on some random corner in the city that Matt has had a few times and has wanted me to try for a while so we sort of planned the excursion in the city so that we could be there at 7, when chicken and rice goes on sale. Here is a rundown of what we did:
First thing we saw coming out of penn station in the city, proof that the correct word is "pop" even on the east coast, it felt nice to be vindicated :)

I took this picture from central park, the reason I took it was because I am pretty sure this building (the tallest one in the picture) is the building they always show as where Chandler works in Friends, but maybe I'm crazy

Sitting on the fountain in central park, I took this because it seemed like a pretty famous area of the park, I seem to remember some Home Alone 2 scenes from this area

We went to FOA Schwarz and played with the toys, and I had to take a picture of Matt with his favorite bad guy!

Walking down 5th avenue, to my utter delight and surprise, we happen across the World of Disney store! Matt knew when I saw it that we were definitely going in. I didn't even know there was a disney store in NYC and it was neat because they had all sorts of NYC Mickey and Disney stuff that I don't think you can get anywhere else. I bought an NYC pin!

Continuing down 5th avenue we saw Radio City Music Hall, I figured that was worth a picture:

After that, we waited for about 45 minutes to get chicken and rice, I have to admit it was quite tasty! Then we just lounged around for the rest of the weekend.
1 comment:
Nice pics! Yay, you loaded a bunch!
Post a Comment