How has it already been almost a week again since my last post??? I don't even feel like I am doing that much and time is flying by, September is more than half over!
Here are some things that I've done recently that I didn't mention in my last post. Two weekends ago, I went to New Jersey to visit boy for his birthday, which was Sunday, Sept. 7th, he turned 23. Yes, I am older than him, but only by 7 weeks. However it seems like more than that since I was a year ahead of him in school, but since I did an extra year of college, we both graduated and started our jobs at the same time so I usually forget I graduated high school a year before him and that I am therefore much wiser :).
I went there Thursday night (ahhhh the beauty of working for the federal government) on the Amtrak, which by the way was the first successful trip with no hiccups that either of us has experienced trying to visit each other since we've lived out here. It was so awesome to not have any glitches. I left work at 4:45 to take the metro into downtown DC to catch my 6:10ish train. Left right on time and arrived in Hackensack at 9:15 in only 3 hours!!!!!!!!!! So worth paying about 5 times more than the bus. Since this was Thursday night, Matt had to work Friday so I stayed home and played guitar hero/nintendo wii and watched all the HGTV I wanted while I still had control of the remote.
I also planned to make a cake Friday and I knew that Matt would not have the supplies, so I packed my cake pans in my suitcase from Alexandria and on Friday, walked over to CVS to buy the rest of the supplies. I managed to make a pretty pathetic looking double layer chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. I have to say that no matter how hard or how many times I try, my cakes never even come close to looking like mom's always did when I was a kid. My cakes never stick to the pans, but they are always a weird shape. They end up being much thicker in the center of the circle than around the edges, so the top of the cake is never flat. Or, if I want the top to be flat, I end up having a huge gap around the edges between the two layers that I attempt to just cover up with frosting. However it was pretty warm that day and by the time Matt got home, the cake had sort of started to collapse and the layers were sliding apart. Matt was a trooper though and told me the cake looked great and we enjoyed it all weekend :)
Also, for Matt's birthday I gave him two tickets to the US vs. Cuba world cup qualifying soccer match being played in Washington DC on October 11th. Matt is a big soccer fan (and so am I) so I knew he'd be excited and neither of us has ever seen the US team play. After that game I will definitely have pictures to post (so long as Matt asks me to go with his second ticket!).
Next weekend, Sept. 26th, I will be going to Ann Arbor for the Michigan vs. Wisconsin football game, which I am so excited for. Matt will be there as well as several of our college friends so it should be an awesome time. Also, Matt's parents are generously donating two (of their four) season tickets to us for the game so we do not have to go through the ordeal of trying to find tickets. Although with the way the season is going, that might not actually be too hard.
First week of production almost done, so far things are looking pretty good, my trainer was out yesterday so he is a little behind in reviewing our cases, but he will catch up with us way before we have more cases to give him so I'm not too worried.
Hope everyone is doing well and be sure to check the updated version of my previous post (couch!) and the challenge I posted in the comments!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A girl who PACKS HER OWN CAKE PANS in her suitcase to make a birthday cake for her boyfriend is the best!
Post a Comment