Monday, October 13, 2008

More new stuff for my apartment

Wow, two posts in one day...that is nutters!

For graduation this year, mom and dad gave me some money to buy "fun stuff" for my apartment and I finally finished spending it today! I have been looking for a small hall/console table to put next to my front door for a really long time and I finally found one today at homegoods. It's a place where I can put my keys and mail when I come in the door to try and keep some of the clutter off of my desk.




I also found a great deal on a set of kitchen ware including some canisters for flour and sugar, a container for my wooden spoons and other large kitchen utensils, and a ceramic thing to put my hot pans on.



Before today I also bought a throw pillow (which can be seen in the picture of my couch a few posts down, it the one with embroidery) and two tall bookcases from Ikea that I now have in my living room and bedroom, so all in all, I think I got a lot of good stuff. The apartment is pretty much complete for now, I have all of the essential pieces of furniture to not feel like I'm in college anymore, yay!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Your new stuff looks great! The table is a perfect size. Good shopping job.

unmitigated me said...

The ceramic thing to put hot pots on is called a trivet! Sheesh! Engineers.