I went to Ann Arbor last weekend and on the flight, I was doing my usual skymall catalog perusal and came across this item for sale:

This of course immediately reminded me of the Snuggie commercials we had all been watching over Christmas break, so I had to take a picture of it. Then, I decided it would be hilarious to take pictures of the most ridiculous things I saw for sale in the catalog. Later on, I was talking to mom about what I had done, and she suggested I make a blog post about it, which hadn't even occured to me, but I thought was a brilliant idea, so here goes. O, and for those of you who may not have realized, here is what the text actually says in this ad: "Until now "Footed Pajamas" have been typically hard to find in adult sizes. Well, your search is over!!! World famous Jumpin Jammerz are great for dancing, goofing around and let's not forget sleeping too. Jumpin Jammerz makes a great gift for that hard-to-shop for person. Perfect for pre-teens, teenagers, adults and even you!" If that is not blogging gold, I do not know what is...
Well, I guess this stuff is (you have to click on the images to truly appreciate their madness/read the hilarious descriptions):
Is that really large, cheap, crappy looking piece of plastic on your front lawn actually a massive boulder?? You could have fooled me!

If I saw someone sitting next to me on a plane with one of these things, I think I would die laughing, even if he is sleeping comfortably and I'm stuck sitting between two people I don't know

Worried about people seeing your cat's litter box? Don't worry, just get this fake planter/litter box hybrid and no one will ever know...aside from the smell taking over your entire living room...

This was just cute, and also kinda funny. Imagine how Kody would like to be stuffed in a roller bag

Who would not want a "Bigfoot: the garden yeti" sculpture in their front lawn?

Same comment for this one except for replace "Bigfoot: the garden yeti" with "alien gnome bandits!" And in case you are wondering, the ceramic gnome is included, in two sizes, 8" and 15"!!

This is just absolutely utterly ridiculous looking

Too cool for a hearing aid? Why not get this hearing aid disguised as a blue tooth device! You will be able to hear AND look like a bad ass grandpa

Yeah, right...

That managed to take up most of the duration of my flight, so that was good. Does anyone else enjoy skymall as much as I do??
4 comments:
Best. Blog. Entry. Ever.
Not only are the products odd, but your comments are hilarious.
haha - you found some really good stuff. I want to know who writes those descriptions trying to make a yeti lawn ornament sound awesome (like people marveling at your landscaping "creativity"). I secretly like the airplane tray pillow (because I can't sleep on flights) but I know I would get laughed at and then other people's laughing would keep me awake.
For just one moment, I wanted a Garden Yeti. Then I saw the aliens stealing the gnome. They really ought to make one of squirrels stealing a bird-feeder. Then your mom could sell it, and I'd buy it!
Just have to say the cat litter box planter is just gross. No real cat owner would ever have one of those unless they had like 50 cats, then their living room would smell like crap anyway. Kudos on the great blog though, I love looking at the ridiculous stuff in that catalog too.
Post a Comment