Thursday, January 29, 2009

I can see!!

(Check out both posts from today!)

So, I think everyone in the family is aware that sometime between Christmas and New Years, I lost my glasses. Everyone in the family searched through their stuff and through the van looking for them for me but to no avail. What is funny though is that it took me a good two weeks or so to realize I didn't know where they were.

Not having glasses is especially discouraging to me because I spend my day at work looking at a computer screen and it strains my eyes after several days without my glasses. I don't need my glasses for general living, only really for intensive reading or if I am really tired, which I think explains why I didn't notice not having them for so long since it was Christmas/New Years and I wasn't working very much. However, after a few days of being back at work, my eyes were killing me and I had constant headaches, it was really hard to get any work done at all, however I kept holding out because I figured they would turn up somewhere, but no such luck.

So, after about a week of suffering, I called the eye doctor and made an appointment. My choices were that current day in about 20 minutes, or more than two weeks later, so I took the one that day, even though I knew I had no prayer of making it to the appointment on time (it takes about 15 minutes to drive there minimum and I wasn't even dressed yet as I called first thing after waking up before going to work). I had called the place where I got my last pair of glasses and they sent me my prescription since I had never been to an eye doctor without my old glasses and I didn't want them to have to start fresh with a new prescription since I knew what worked pretty well. I got to the appointment late (of course) and had to wait about an hour/hour and half for them to squeeze me in, but I really didn't have a choice because I could not work without them. Once I picked out the frames I wanted, I asked the woman how long it normally takes for them to come in and she said "about 5 to 7 business days" and my heart sank (I've always gotten my glasses the same day before). I told her how desperate my situation was and that I really needed them as soon as humanly possible so she put a rush order on them to be ready in two days. So off I went back to work with no glasses.

Two days later I went back to the eye doctor to pick up my new glasses and I LOVE THEM!!! Here is a picture with me wearing them (I had to do about ten takes with my camera set on auto timer before I got a half-way decent picture). The frames are the type that only surround half the lens, so there is no frame on the bottom. Also, the sides (which can't be seen in the picture) have little pattern details on them that I really like. Here they are:


If you look at the left side of the picture, you will notice that my Christmas tree is still up. And also, I thought I'd announce that I just took my Christmas lights down from my balcony about ten minutes before taking the picture. I think I'll leave the tree up.

4 comments:

unmitigated me said...

Wow, they really show off your eyes! Nice choice.

Nancy said...

They look great! (sorry you never found your other pair)

unmitigated me said...

My new glasses look almost just like yours! Mine are a style called Attitude from NineWest. What are yours?

Cathy said...

Mine are guess 1503