This weekend was the cherry blossom festival downtown. I have wanted to go to this for a really long time so ever since I moved here I have been excited for this. Matt was here this weekend and we went into the city to see the blossoms during their peak. We had great weather, except for it was really windy so we didn't realize how much sun we were getting and we accidentally got a little sun burned!! Here are pictures from the city!
Memorial to soldiers from DC who were killed in WWI. I had never seen this monument before, it sort of tucked back out of the way but looked really old.

Korean War Memorial

Lincoln memorial, I forgot how huge this is!

Honest Abe himself

View from the Lincoln memorial toward the Washington monument and the capitol building

Looking across to Virginia, wavy day on the Potomac!

Jefferson memorial along the tidal basin

Cherry Blossoms!!!

Aren't they gorgeous?!

This is my attempt at an artistic pictures, flowers in the foreground, Jefferson in the background

Another crazy windy hair day, but I wanted a picture with the blossoms!

It was very crowded with tourists but we made it through. We wanted to walk all the way around the tidal basin to the Jefferson memorial, but we got too frustrated with the crowds so we headed back instead, by then we were pretty tired though, we had been walking for a really long time!
We also went to the WWII memorial, but I didn't take any pictures there, I don't know why I didn't, sorry.
Also, I just want to add that my niece, Leili, took her first steps today and they were caught on video!! Head on over to
Ted and Sara's Blog and check it out!!!
5 comments:
Great pictures! Those trees are gorgeous. I'm glad you went back to uploading the bigger pictures. It's nice to be able to see them in the larger format, too.
I almost forgot to post. I got so excited when I saw your link about Leili that I went straight over to their blog first.
I did still compress the pictures, but I compressed them less than last time so the uploading was still really fast, but the pics are still big enough to please the fans
Coolio.
Why is hangman on your blog?
because I enjoy playing it and i thought other people might too
I enjoy the hangman! I like all your pictures - I've wanted to see those places and the cherry blossoms too but without the crowds. Good artsy picture.
Post a Comment