Sunday, April 19, 2009

Well it turns out, I have a vegetable garden

(Two posts today, check out both)

I have wanted to grow some of my own vegetables for a long time now, and since I think we are finally past the last of the sub-freezing overnight temperatures, I went out to the store today and got some stuff.

I had no idea what I was doing, I think I wandered around home depot figuring out what to buy for like an hour. I decided to go with two bell pepper plants, and a cherry tomato plant. I bought a little planter and some potting soil to plant them in and put them out on my balcony. I just hope that I get enough sun out there for them to grow! I can't wait to eat vegetables that I grew myself! I hope I manage to keep them alive, I'm not sure how long it will be before they start producing vegetables, but it should be a fun project.


Also, while I was at home depot (which is my favorite store) I found this little artistic cactus plant that I thought was adorable so I bought that too as a centerpiece for my table.


4 comments:

Nancy said...

Yay! I was wondering if you would be trying something on your balcony. Flowers would also do well out there! (One suggestion, as your tomato plant gets bigger, you might need a stake to keep it up)

I love Home Depot, too! I'm practically on a first-name basis with them lately.

Cathy said...

yeah i figured i might need to do something like the stake, or get separate planters even because I'm not sure how big they are going to get.

Cathy said...

if i could have a shopping spree at any store, think I'd pick home depot over any clothing store

Nancy said...

me too!