These are some pictures from the first cave, look at how clear the water is. The water is so clear because there is no sunlight, and therefore no growth. Since there is no growth, there is no food so no fish come in there either, leaving the water really clear. It looked about 4 feet deep, but our guide told us it is actually about 20ft.
Both of these pictures are completely underwater
These are in the second cave, it had a "pontoon bridge" that allowed us to walk over the water, it also forced us to duck and crouch pretty low under some of the stalactites because it is illegal to touch them, even though we could have walked right in to them!
After that we went to Church Bay for a few hours in the late afternoon and it was beautiful, it is not one of the more popular beaches since it is sort of small, but there were only a few other people there so it was nice and peaceful. The ocean floor was covered by large rocks, however they were incredibly smooth and really easy to walk on so it did not hurt and was really nice.
On Monday I visited the Botanical Gardens by myself because Matt had to work. They were beautiful however I think I was a little past peak season because not much was left in bloom.
This was the "cactus hillside" and the right is a rose garden next to the premiere's house
The left is the premiere's house, the right is a banyan tree, it spreads out really far by dropping roots to the ground along the lengths of the limbs
I don't remember what kind of tree this is but it was another spreading out type
This is the view of the beach from where we had dinner on the last night, it looked like there was a storm or something over the water but it was fine where we were
Bermuda was just as beautiful and awesome the second time around as it was the first time, I definitely want to go back and I recommend it as a vacation destination for anyone (especially when you don't have to pay for a hotel or food)!
1 comment:
Those underwater shots are amazing. How wonderful you got to go to Bermuda TWICE in one year. Now I want to go!
Post a Comment