The segways were a little wierd to get used to at first, the hardest thing for me to master was going up hill. They are really smart and do most of the work for you, so its hard to tell yourself not to lean forward or back when going up or down hill. But after a little while, they start to feel really natural and wind up being a lot of fun. We had a tour with 15ish people, and there were some older women who had no trouble, I was impressed with them, so anyone can do it! I recommend segways to anyone, it was so fun. Here are several of the pictures I took (disclaimer: I don't look good in helmets):
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
I have new respect for Gob
Okay, today, I did something I've been wanting to do for at least 6 years...I rode a Segway!!! My friend Tim who I know from Ann Arbor but also now works at the Patent Office invited me to go with him and his girlfriend (also my friend from ann arbor) on a Segway tour of DC. I needed no convincing to say yes to that, even if I was third wheeling it. We went through a company called Capital Segway Tours (I believe they do tours in other cities but I might be wrong). We got to ride segways for two hours while getting a guided tour of many of the landmarks in downtown DC.
The segways were a little wierd to get used to at first, the hardest thing for me to master was going up hill. They are really smart and do most of the work for you, so its hard to tell yourself not to lean forward or back when going up or down hill. But after a little while, they start to feel really natural and wind up being a lot of fun. We had a tour with 15ish people, and there were some older women who had no trouble, I was impressed with them, so anyone can do it! I recommend segways to anyone, it was so fun. Here are several of the pictures I took (disclaimer: I don't look good in helmets):




The segways were a little wierd to get used to at first, the hardest thing for me to master was going up hill. They are really smart and do most of the work for you, so its hard to tell yourself not to lean forward or back when going up or down hill. But after a little while, they start to feel really natural and wind up being a lot of fun. We had a tour with 15ish people, and there were some older women who had no trouble, I was impressed with them, so anyone can do it! I recommend segways to anyone, it was so fun. Here are several of the pictures I took (disclaimer: I don't look good in helmets):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Awesome! P.S. I think you look great in the helmet.
Sweet! So how fast can you go if you open that bad boy up??
well, ours were speed limited to 12mph, I'm not sure if they always have the limiter or if the company we went through somehow put them on there. it was still sweet though
As soon as you strike it rich you can buy Gob's Segway here
hey! they totally have it in other cities, I saw it in Chicago and thought of you
Post a Comment