Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cathy is on her own

Well, today brought about a lot of changes to the casa de Cathy. First of all, mom and Christy left me this morning to go back to Michigan, so I am now officially living on my own, I think I'm doing okay so far. I managed to straighten out my apartment a bit and empty out some more boxes, however I feel like there are still so many to unpack. My "accent wall" (my apartment community allows you to pick a paint color to have on one wall of your apartment that they will paint for you) was painted today . The color I chose is called grand canyon. It is a yellow color that actually doesn't remind me of the grand canyon at all, but I liked it anyway, so I went with it. It turned out great, it really looks good with the rest of my stuff. Here's what it looks like:



I also managed to put my desk together all by myself, it looks really good in the corner of my living room.



I also tried to assemble the table and chairs that I bought from Ikea, however I couldn't finish because I think some holes are missing in my chairs, so we'll have to see if I can resolve that issue on my own or if I need to somehow exchange them.

Tonight is the first time I will sleep in my actual bedroom. While the fam was here, the parents got the bedroom for snore and kid noise control. I did buy a bed, however it will not be delivered until July 30th, so until then, I am sleeping on an air mattress (thanks mom and dad!), however I did buy new sheets and a comforter so it should still be pretty nice.

Things seem to be gradually shaping up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy,

Nicely done. Did you get the chairs at IKEA? If so, the missing holes, screws and what not are part of the experience. Good to know that North America gets a feel what Sweeden is really like :).

reza

Nancy said...

The new wall color looks fantastic! And the desk turned out great. Good job :-)

Keep these posts and pics coming as your place shapes up -- we want to see them!

Love, Mom

Sara said...

I like the accent wall! It doesn't remind me of the Grand Canyon either. I would have perhaps named the color butternut squash. Great job on putting together the furniture! If it has more than 12 pieces, I get overwhelmed.