Okay, so I bought a new wonderful queen size bed on my birthday (July 14th for those of you who don't know) and decided to be extremely patient and wait until today, July 30th to have it delivered so that I could get a 10% discount. I have been looking forward to getting my bed ever since that day so I was so excited when today finally arrived. My apartment community has a policy where they will accept furniture deliveries for you so that if you are at work, you can still have things delivered without having to be there. You tell them in advance when the people are coming and they will go unlock the door for them and re-lock it when the deliverymen leave. So I made arrangements with the office here to have them open my apartment for the bed delivery. Well, I got a call last night that my bed would be delivered between 12:45 and 2:45 so I came home today, expecting to see a nice wonderful bed in my bedroom. Instead, I came home to a big empty bedroom that looked the same as when I left it. So I called Macy's (the stupid store I bought my bed from) and went through the whole automated message system only to have them tell me "Our office is currently closed, our office hours are from 8:30-5:00 Monday-Friday, please call back during our office hours." So then I started to get really mad because I didn't want to have to wait until tomorrow to do this, especially since 8:30-5 are exactly the hours I work! I don't think I really get all that mad that often, so this was bad. Things were being kicked, punched, and thrown; apparently I REALLY wanted my new bed. So I called mi madre and she helped calm me down and told me to try and call the sales guy who sold me the bed. Did that, he was gone for the day and the guy I talked to told me that they tried to deliver it, but when they knocked on my door, no one answered, so they left. I find this weird because no one is supposed to be able to get into my building without a fab and no one is supposed to be able to enter my community without a fab or checking in with someone; obviously neither of these things happened. Next, poor salesman from Macy's who had to take the brunt of my frustrations when he did absolutely nothing but be polite and patient with me, says they will have to reschedule the delivery. I ask for when, he says "we can probably get it out to you some time next week" and I proceed to get very angry again. He tells me he will have "them" (whoever that is) call me first thing tomorrow to reschedule it, but he's not sure how soon "they" will be able to do it. So, now its back to sleeping on my wonderful air mattress (that I had already stripped and deflated) until further notice.
I was so mad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
And believe me, folks, she was MAD.
Hmmm, so maybe my fiery side doesn't come completely from the Thomas end of my gene pool....
That's rough, I know exactly how you feel. Sara can certainly attest to it, nothing gets me madder than simple stuff that should have no problem being done right, but it gets messed up. Difficult things and accidents and tough situations, I usually handle all that stuff fine, but mess up something that has no business going wrong and I go ballistic.
Sounds like they really riled you up, I can't even remember the last time I saw you mad. Its probably been like a decade.
Hope they can get everything taken care of soon!!
Cathy, again I submit that the world of blogging isnt for you... seriously like 2 pages on your bed... come on!!
Post a Comment