Well, today I moved most of my stuff out of my apartment and into the van back to Grosse Pointe. Then it will all be repacked and moved again to Alexandria, VA. I remember when we did this for Ted, moving him to Dallas after he graduated from Michigan. I turned 13 during that trip (summer going in to 8th grade), which means it will be almost exactly 10 years to the day after Ted left, that I leave the mitten to embark on my own adventures in some other part of the country. Do you feel old yet, Ted?
We are leaving Michigan on Friday the 11th, and I move in to my apartment on the 12th. Luckily Dad has business in DC during the week that I move in, so the fam will get to stay until Wednesday the 16th to help me get moved in and settled (and make several trips to Ikea). Also, Matt is going to come visit and help me move in on the 12th-13th, so that should make it a little more enjoyable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah, I feel a little old. Whether its your blog or the two hockey games I played last night, I'm not exactly sure yet :-)
Good luck out there in DC, I think you'll really enjoy it! We're really proud of you, and we can't wait to visit!
I remember moving Ted to Texas like it was yesterday. Can't believe it's really been 10 years.
Post a Comment